Convert to Gas Heat
Thinking about making the switch to clean, efficient and convenient natural gas heat?
Convert to a high-efficiency gas heating system now and you could save up to 50 percent on your heating bill thanks to low natural gas prices.
Or put money in your pocket today by financing your new natural gas furnace or boiler with a 0 percent loan through Mass Save, and your heating-related monthly payments will be less than oil while you pay off your new, efficient equipment.
Watch the New England Cable News report on homeowners switching to natural gas and saving thousands on heating.
See how much you can save by switching to natural gas with the Energy Savings Calculator. Currently, natural gas costs $1.63 per gallon of oil equivalent (12 month average).
If you would like more information about the benefits of high-efficiency natural gas furnaces, boilers, fireplaces or cooking systems, visit NSTAR's natural gas educational videos page.
You may also be eligible to receive:
- Free gas service line installation (if needed) if there is an existing gas main in the street in front of your home. The new service line can be up to 100 feet in length.
- $300 to $1,600 in rebates toward new energy efficient gas heating equipment. Visit GasNetworks.com for a rebate application.
- Gas bill credit up to $500 toward the
purchase of Burnham by U.S. boiler
equipment is available until September 1, 2014.**
- $400 credit for any Burnham forced hot water or steam boiler.
- $100 credit for a U.S. Boiler Alliance indirect water heater.
- Zero percent interest, 7-year loans for new high-efficiency heating systems. Visit MassSave.com for more information.
- Standard above-ground oil tank removal for a discounted rate of $350 including permit.
So if you are interested in making the switch or would like more details, call us toll-free at 866-678-2744 or complete this online form and one of our specialists will be glad to discuss your options. More information about the steps necessary to convert to gas heat is also available.
* If you need a gas service line, installation is available from April 1 to September 30. Other restrictions may apply. In certain cases there may be a charge for the service line.
** Credit is available for monthly gas bill customers converting to gas heat only. The gas bill credit is valid for installations done between May 1 and September 1, 2014. All paperwork must be submitted by December 31, 2014.